Lunedi' 27 Maggio 2024
HOTLINE: +39 335 291 766
  • Home
  • MILANO CRONACA
  • CORSERA NEWS ACCA LARENZIA GIORGIA MELONI IS FASCISM BACK IN ITALY? THE REACTIONARY TURNING POINT OF THE RIGHT-WING GOVERNMENT...

CORSERA NEWS ACCA LARENZIA GIORGIA MELONI IS FASCISM BACK IN ITALY? THE REACTIONARY TURNING POINT OF THE RIGHT-WING GOVERNMENT

London January 9th, 2024

The story of the Roman greetings in Acca Larenzia continues to hold sway. Tomorrow Elly Schlein will speak at question time in the Chamber and will ask the Minister of the Interior, Matteo Piantedosi, to clarify regarding "phenomena of fascism which are not opposed by the government" after what happened last Sunday in front of the former MSI headquarters in during the commemoration of the three young people killed 46 years ago.

''This event has been held like this for years with an even greater numerical participation. If one looks at the numbers that the Rome police station has always recorded I could even say that they are decreasing but this does not take away the value or disvalue of those images,' Piantedos said in a hearing before the Extraordinary Commission for the fight against phenomena of intolerance , racism, anti-Semitism and incitement to hatred and violence in the Senate.

''Who said no identifications were made? The judicial authority will evaluate the commission of any crimes and this is what is happening in these hours with the Acca Larenzia episode,'' he added.

''On the public order front we cannot delegate the sacrosanct affirmation of certain principles to those on the pitch, even at the stadium this happens. Those who manage public order have the task of ensuring that the demonstration ends without any accidents occurring. We must keep this in mind, this also applies to a certain symbolism: I am thinking of the demonstrations that were held in favor of Hamas, in France they did certain things. But in France they were held anyway in the end. That is, prohibiting and not observing and not drawing consequences has proven to be operationally less profitable,' he said 

'From 7 October onwards we have applied this methodology, that is, letting the demonstrations take place even where we have seen the flags of Israel burning - he added - Then observing and drawing conclusions. Since the onset of the conflict we have carried out approximately 27 expulsions of foreigners deemed dangerous due to their renewed propensity for forms that do not stop at mere discrimination''.

First identifications. Record attendance in 2018
Meanwhile, an initial information was sent by Digos to the prosecutor's office in Rome. Investigators, who are examining the videos, have identified some participants in the commemoration.

It is estimated that around 1000 people gathered. The highest number of participants was reached in 2018, when - with Gentiloni as prime minister - it is believed that around three thousand people were present. Last year, around 2,000 attended, double the attendance recorded this year, around 1,000. In 2022, under Mario Draghi, there were around 800. Even in times of Covid, many participated in the commemoration: there were 600 in 2021, marking the minimum attendance when Giuseppe Conte was prime minister, 1,140 in 2020, 800 in 2019.

In 2017, again with Gentiloni in government, there were 2,000 participants, while in previous years with Matteo Renzi as Prime Minister, 1,200 people registered in 2016 and a thousand in 2015. Finally, in 2014 with Enrico Letta as Prime Minister, between 6 and 700 people took part in the event .


Comments (0)

DI' LA TUA SCRIVI UN COMMENTO A QUESTO ARTICOLO

Per commentare gli articoli è necessario essere loggati a Corsera Space. Fai log in oppure, se non sei ancora un utente della Community di Corsera, registrati qui.